November 17, 2013

Holly came from Miami FLA
hitchhiked her way across the USA


Robert Coddington, Holly Woodlawn, Lausanne, Switzerland, 2008

Calvin Trillin Wakes Up
From a Coma as Paranoid as Nixon

-- Klipschutz

DICK CHENEY HAS NO PULSE.
TRUE OR FALSE?


“You’ve been through a lot.
You’ve got Dick on the brain.”

HIS LIFE'S ONE LONG BLACK OP!
TOO ILLEGIT TO STOP!


“Look at the calendar. See?
Give it a rest.”

HIS GODS ARE STEALTH AND WAR.
DICK DON'T SPILL ON STORYCORPS.


“Take one of these. Some water?
Another guy took over.”

THE BITCH IS BARKING MAD;
A THROAT ON FILE IS NOT A MOUTHWASH AD.


“Chew on another bone.
And don’t call me at home.”

HE'S STANDING BY MY BED!
HE'LL WHEEL ME TO THE MORGUE!


No rest, I need a spree.
Relax, I wouldn’t kill a flea

unless it bit my cat.
(Go on Dick, bite my cat.)

They say I’m out of rhymes,
off the beat, stuck in the past,

chasing my White Whale, my Dracula.
Deadline, my ass.


Cell Anatomy
-- Eric Hansen

Alison stayed home from school
with the flu, nothing dangerous.
Her father the warden worked
giving orders down the road.
The girl lay feverish and cold
listening to the patrol truck
circle the perimeter every eight
minutes. A guard tower watched
over the front yard. The girl got
up, too frail to bother changing
out of her pajamas. Turned two
locks on the back sliding door,
lifted the bar from the frame,
sat on the patio in a chaise
lounge. Surrounding the yard,
inmates snipped the azalea hedge
into walls. The men, mostly
black, saw the white girl and kept
their sheer cutting. In America
everyone lives with regret.
She opened her bones
to the sun. Wished nobody
had to know this sickness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home