August 8, 2011

Channelling through aviation transport
Derelicts rely on red light slums
Scandals interlock, linking all the patrons
And tourists intertwine in effortless lumps



Richard Misrach, Untitled, 2005

* The Guardian chats with Daniel Johnson. Excerpt:

Q: What do you most dislike about your appearance?
DJ: My hair looks awful bad sometimes.

Q: If you could bring something extinct back to life, what would you choose?
DJ: King Kong.
...
Q: Who would you invite to your dream dinner party?
DJ: All the dead rock stars.

Q: If you could edit your past, what would you change?
DJ: I wish I had never got manic depression. When I was in junior high I didn't know what was the matter with me. It was as if I'd died or something. Now that I go to a clinic and get the right kind of medicine, I am not as depressed as I used to be.

Q: If you could go back in time, where would you go?
DJ: To when there used to be 10-cent comics.

Q; How often do you have sex?
DJ: All I can. It's hard to see girls because I don't have a car and I live out of town. When I had a van, there were lots of girls around.

* Watch Andy Warhol eat a burger, from 1982.

* "The avant-garde makes more sense to me." -- John Cale

------------back Friday

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might also enjoy this short excerpt from PBS American Masters

Andy Warhol - Velvet Underground (Documentary)


Allan Smithee

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home