July 6, 2011

it's the way I'm living right or wrong


Cy Twombly, Feragost IV. RIP

Spell
-- by Frank Stanford

I aimed to get some of my blood
back from the Snow Lake mosquitoes
my belly was full of lemonade
and my hair had Wild Root on it
I took to the thicket at dawn
not knowing where I was from in the man in the moon
there were trees with so much shade
you shivered
like someone chiseling the year in a graveyard
the shadows seeped thick as smoke
when you touched them
even breathing drew blood from the wood
it was dark
as a swarm
they smelled like olives
and feet in a garden
when you bowed and kissed them


Yellow Tulips
-- by eileen myles

I was walking along the sidewalk
in all the daily pain
& miserable faces & awful air.
Up above in a flower box
were yellow tulips, too real
to be real, so big
and sexual looking in
that funny way flowers
always are. I guess
they were like heads
poking in from another
world. How do you
like Wednesday, you
beautiful things?


A Raspberry Sweater
-- by Frank O'Hara

to George Montgomery

It is next to my flesh,
that's why. I do what I want.
And in the pale New Hampshire
twilight a black bug sits in the blue,
strumming its legs together. Mournful
glass, and daises closing. Hay
swells in the nostrils. We shall go
to the motorcycle races in Laconia
and come back all calm and warm.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kate Leverenz Photography said...

Wow what a great poetry. The image above is very artistic and fit for the poetry.

3:31 AM  
Anonymous lubbock, tx wedding photography said...

The poetry is great and wonderful. I remember my college, days I'm fond of making a lots of poetry.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home