October 9, 2009

Standing on the sea-weed water
Semen stains the mountain tops
With cocoa leaves along the border
Sweetness sings from every corner



Daniel Johnston, It is what it is, 2008

Three poems by Nicanor Parra (translated by Miller Williams):

I Don't Believe In the Peaceful Way

I don't believe in the violent way
I'd like to believe
in something -- but I don't
to believe means to believe in God
all I can do is
shrug my shoulders
forgive me for being blunt
I don't even believe in the Milky Way


Help!

I was running along happy as you please
My hat in my right hand
Chasing a phosphorescent butterfly
Who drove me crazy with joy

And suddenly zap! I tripped
I don't know what happened to the garden
The whole thing went to pieces
My nose and my mouth are bleeding.

Honestly I don't know what's going on
Either give me some help
Or a bullet in the head.


Sentences

Let's not fool ourselves
The automobile is a wheelchair
A lion is made of lambs
Poets have no biographies
Death is a collective habit
Children are born to be happy
Reality has a tendency to fade away
Fucking is a diabolical act
God is a good friend of the poor

1 Comments:

Blogger Damion009 said...

awesome!

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home