March 6, 2009

I never knew the bird could fly so low


John Gutmann, The Artist Lives Dangerously, San Francisco, 1938


Housekeeping
-- by Mary Margaret Staples

1.
Silliman’s blog

gives me a headache

His poetry

puts me to sleep

Silliman has the charisma

of a train wreck

the fascination

of a not-the-perp creep

Silliman has all the energy

He leaves all the self-doubt for me

Leave it to me to have an enemy

no one knows and who doesn’t know me

Silliman thinks he’s post-post-avant

as if dashes are chasms to leap

Silliman’s blog

gives me a headache

His poetry

puts me to sleep

2.
Kleinzahler jumped bad on Keillor

for confusing a poem and a sermon

A difference of taste – French or German?

To the sick man his Ataturk healer,

the baby his rattle, the stylist her tone,

the soldier his battle, the angel her mercy. . .


Some rumble! No one even got decked!

The pot sticker calling the kettle drum

the N-word, collect



--- back Tuesday

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home