May 31, 2005

done is good but done well is so much fucking better


Rejected Arizona Record cover art, by Steve Keene, circa 1993

David Berman has been cleaning house to ready for an impending move across Nashville and found and has distributed (I sent him a cut ups cd) some of the rejected cover art for the first siver jews record.

Other rejected covers can be viewed here and here. more should be showing up on the silver jews bulletin board in the coming days. Thanks much, DCB.

In other Siver Jews news, Berman announced yesterday that: "the album is getting remastered this week. i had to open it up again and get some sponges i had left in the gut of it." Look for Tanglewood Numbers to drop in October.

* The Caribbean's new album is not out till September, but the band will be touring the west coast in July and have just put the track siamese sons up for your listening pleasure. go check it out. its good.

* In case you missed it yesterday. A scathing Minneapolis Star Memorial Day editorial. excerpt:

"In exchange for our uniformed young people's willingness to offer the gift of their lives, civilian Americans owe them something important: It is our duty to ensure that they never are called to make that sacrifice unless it is truly necessary for the security of the country. In the case of Iraq, the American public has failed them; we did not prevent the Bush administration from spending their blood in an unnecessary war based on contrived concerns about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction. President Bush and those around him lied, and the rest of us let them. Harsh? Yes. True? Also yes. Perhaps it happened because Americans, understandably, don't expect untruths from those in power. But that works better as an explanation than as an excuse."

* Dronepop gives us Another Retail Rant. excerpt:

"You are not a turkey vulture, and I am not a 13-lined ground squirrel, at least last time I checked myself. Stop hovering over me and commenting on every thing I do. If you give me 100 CDs to look over, I do not need a rundown on the fact that said CDs are unbelievably valuable because they are: 1) a double cd set, 2) a "rare, live import", 3) bought off of eBay, 4) usually stored in your goddam asshole. First of all, I just don't care. Secondly, I've been doing this for over 15 years now, so don't argue with me when I tell you your Whitney Houston disc is just not worth $5 to us. Most of all though, let me do my damn job--I don't hawk over you filling out your TS reports or whatever, do I?

"This is America, you cheap motherfucker. I'm not a street vendor, or a car salesman, so I'm not gonna haggle with you. I really don't have the time to explain the concepts of capitalism to you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home