November 8, 2004

I am no more workhorse

* Democracy, by Langston Hughes

Democracy will not come
Today, this year
Nor ever
Through compromise and fear.

I have as much right
As the other fellow has
To stand
On my two feet
And own the land.

I tire so of hearing people say,
Let things take their course.
Tomorrow is another day.
I do not need my freedom when I'm dead.
I cannot live on tomorrow's bread.

Freedom
Is a strong seed
Planted
In a great need.

I live here, too.
I want freedom
Just as you.

* "America our nation has been beaten by strangers who have turned our language inside out who have taken the clean words our fathers spoke and made them slimy and foul/their hired men sit on the judge's bench they sit back with their feet on the tables under the dome of the State House they are ignorant of our beliefs they have the dollars the guns the armed forces the power plants/they have built the electric chair and hired the executioner to throw the switch/all right we are two nations."
-- John Dos Passos [via tomothompson]

* Click here for all the election fraud information you might be looking for.

* Dong Resin:

"I took $40 out of an ATM machine this morning. It asked if I wanted a receipt, I pressed 'no', then it flashed a confirmation of my vote for Bush/Cheney in `04 and thanked me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home