March 3, 2004

everyone's their own producer

* "The fact is I don't trust a man who uses the word evil eighteen times in ten minutes. If you're half evil, nothing soothes you more than to think the person you are opposed to is totally evil." -- Norman Mailer

* Interesting Will Oldham interview which mostly focuses on the recording process. [via twinkle twinkle blah blah]

excerpt:

"JDK: What was it like recording with Johnny Cash?

BPB: It was uh. (Pauses for a long moment.) An inspiration. It was SO cool because it was so much more exciting than I had expected it to be, which is a rare occurrence. I didn't have a lot of expectations, but I didn't expect it to be such an involved and invigorating day.

JDK: Are you a bourbon drinker?

BPB Uh huh.

JDK: What kind of bourbon do you like?

BPB: My favorite bourbon...What have we been drinking lately? WL Weller is what I've had mostly in the last six months. Overall my all-time favorite is just Maker's Mark.

JDK: I had Van Winkle the other day, which

BPB: Yeah, that's really good.

JDK: You have to plan your schedule accordingly, though, you drink it and wake up a hundred years later.

BPB: Right exactly. Old Rip Van Winkle. I used to drink Evan Williams a lot. Probably because it was inexpensive, but I thought it was delicious as well. I always feel like Maker's Mark is the standard, it's the benchmark, in terms of not being too rarefied, and it's delicious, and it makes you feel good."

* "All civilization ever does is hide the blood and cover up the hate with pretty words." -- Ursula K. LeGuin


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home