April 9, 2003

Irvine Welsh moves to Chicago and talks about america:

"A crass anti-Americanism has crept into our [British] culture. We need to remember that it's the oil-greedy government led by an Ivy-League rich brat who used his family connections to avoid serving in Vietnam, who are sending troops into Iraq, not the American people."

"The American media is disgusting; the one-sided propaganda in both broadcast and printed material is so extreme that I seriously worry about it as a threat to democracy. Before I came out here I read a piece by Norman Mailer in the Telegraph where he said that he could conceive of totalitarianism in America. At the time I thought that this was trite and paranoid, now I can at least see the possibility of it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home