December 9, 2005

you've a got a devastating point of view


1972, by elsa dorfman

poems by philip whalen:

friendship greetings

carelessly all fixed up a can of beer
several cigarets a cup of coffee I don't care
whether school keeps or not
thinking of frank o'hara in Paris right this minute
or the basement of the museum of modern art as the case may be

confession and penance

the teeth are washed.
the breakfast was had.
the house is washed.
the garbage is out.
the papers are burnt.
the stove is clean.
the flowers are all re-arranged.
It all looks so much better you wouldn't know it.

I can remember half a dozen times when I was no good in bed.
I'm really sorry about those, but it's all over now. next time
I did better.

for Allen, on his 60th Birthday

Having been mellow & wonderful so many years
What's left but doting & rage?
Yet the balance of birthing & dying
Keeps a level sight: emptiness, not
Vacancy, has room for all departure &
Arrival; I don't even know what
Day it is.

"I told myself:"
bobbie spontaneously


"I TOLD MYSELF THAT I WASN'T GOING TO GET HIGH TODAY
AND I TOLD MYSELF THAT IF I DID GET HIGH
IT WASN'T GOING TO BE ON ACID --
BUT I THOUGHT TO MYSELF, WELL MAYBE
IF I JUST BROKE A LITTLE CORNER OFF IT
THERE'D STILL BE AN AWFUL LOT OF IF LEFT...
A CORNER OFF TODAY,"

* what the fuck, by pink nasty

* Old joos videos:

-- rebal jew (outtake).

-- slow education.

-- new orleans (live).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home